Do you want to be able to access your Hotmail account using the Windows Live Mail? Well then in this blog we will help with the same in no time. But if you have some other issues related then you can always give a dial on the Hotmail Technical Support Number any time you want. And the experts will provide you with the required solutions.
To begin with the process; follow these steps mentioned below properly:
- Firstly, you need to go to the Windows Live Mail ribbon menu and then select the ‘Accounts’ option.
- Then you would have to select ‘Email’. You will have the Email Accounts windows open.
- After that, you must enter your email address, password, and display name for your sent messages.
- Next, you will have to select the ‘Remember this password’ checkbox.
- You also have to select the ‘Manually configure server settings’ checkbox and then select the Next button.
- Now you need to select the ‘Server type’ drop-down arrow and then go to choose IMAP.
- After doing so in the ‘Incoming server information’ section, you got to go to the Server address’ text box and then you need to enter ‘imap-mail.outlook.com.
- You are now supposed to select the ‘Requires a secure connection’ checkbox.
- And then in the ‘Port’ text box, you would have to enter 993.
- Then also go to select the ‘Authenticate using’ drop-down arrow and then choose the ‘Clear text’ option.
- Now in the ‘Login username’ text box, you got to enter your Hotmail email address.
- After which in the ‘Outgoing server information’ section, you need to go to the ‘Server address’ text box and then enter ‘smtp-mail.outlook.com. And in the ‘Port’ text, you need to enter 587.
- Again you would have to select the ‘Requires a secure connection’ and the ‘Requires authentication’ checkboxes.
- Finally, at last, you just have to select the Next button and after that, select the ‘Finish’ button as well.
Now you should be all ready and set to get started with your Hotmail account. And we hope that the steps above were useful. And if you face any problem then you could Contact Hotmail Australia. And the technicians will be there to support you with the needful.